Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It’s Me!


But As for Me….
It’s me! Who am I? I am not like others. I need not be like others. What do I exist for? What is the purpose of my life?

People of God in the Bible answered to these questions in a firm way saying: “As for me...”
Joshua said: "But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the river, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." (Josh 24:15)
Joining with Joshua, I would say, “As for me, I am a Yahweh worshiper and I live to serve Him!”

David said: "But you, O God, will bring down the wicked into the pit of corruption; bloodthirsty and deceitful men will not live out half their days. But as for me, I trust in you," (Ps 55:23) 
He also said: But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more.
Joining with David, I would say, “As for me, I would trust and hope in the Lord!” (Ps 71:14) 

Asaph said: "But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds". (Ps 73:28) He also said: "As for me, I will declare this forever; I will sing praise to the God of Jacob". (Ps 75:9)
Joining with Asaph I would say, “As for me, I would be near to God and praise Him!”

Samuel said: "As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD by failing to pray for you. And I will teach you the way that is good and right". (1Sam 12:23)
Joining with Samuel I would say, “As for me, I would pray for others!”

Micah said: "But as for me, I am filled with power, with the Spirit of the LORD, and with justice and might, to declare to Jacob his transgression, to Israel his sin". (Mic 3:8)
Joining with Micah I would say, “As for me , I would declare about God!”

Micah also said: "But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me". (Mic 7:7)
Joining with Micah I would also say, “As for me, I would watch and wait for hope!”

I have a unique personality.  I have a unique commitment to a unique God! Every pulse of mine has a purpose! I do not know about others. I cannot say for others.  But I can tell about me. The Bible is teaching me on all of these questions. I am learning. I am growing in His grace.

(Note: I made a search for the verses in the New International Version of the Bible. The Bible is wide as an ocean. Let us look for more pearls in it by exploring other versions of the Bible too!)

4 comments:

  1. Well said Dr Chayya...hope all is well at your end in Canada...love you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Thanks for this thought provoking post.
    Yes, along with Joshua let us also say and practice that.
    let me repeat:
    "But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." (Josh 24:15)
    Thank you Sis for the note
    Best regard
    philip
    PS
    I am following your blog
    expect the same
    best regards to you and Raj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bro Philip for those words and for the invitation to your blog!

    ReplyDelete